Dealroom is a virtual data room provider that comes from Amsterdam. The platform protects the confidential data of companies around the world. Each client receives a guarantee of high quality, availability of the necessary functions, and provider support. The use of modern technologies and powerful functionality not only meets the expectations of companies but also exceeds them. Those organizations that choose this platform become an inspiration for others.
Dealroom is right for you for many reasons. For example, you don’t have to get used to the interface for a long time. The developers made it so accessible to the client that even a beginner will feel like a confident user. The provider offers a training service. This also does not take much time, because each of your team will get used to it quickly.
Communication with colleagues and partners without leaving the platform is real with Dealroom. Without any plugins and software, employees keep in touch.
As you can see, everything you need is in one place. Clear structuring of files and folders, the security of data and correspondence, convenience will allow you to work in a completely new mode. It is different because the virtual data room performs many functions. Managers and workers have more time for more important tasks. Safety and paperwork are no longer a pain in the neck.
DealRoom virtual data room features
A DealRoom virtual data room is one of the advanced developments of DealRoom Inc. Its features for due diligence, document and pipeline management, security, and reporting take deal-making to a whole new level.
DealRoom’s document management features help to store and share confidential documents securely. They include a secure document viewer, drag-and-drop upload, document indexing, watermarking, four-level permissions, and a full-text search tool.
In addition, DealRoom offers extensive data analysis for deal statistics, revenue, business type, and employee count. It can be applied to manage multiple deals simultaneously.
Features to facilitate the due diligence process are a Request item to upload and attach new documents to a chosen folder, real-time document redaction, and collaboration functionalities to track user activity, diligence items in bulk, and leave comments.
For streamlined workflows, DealRoom features a pipeline management dashboard — an audit of projects and associated data rooms. It includes project metrics tracking (by value, revenue, size, industry, close date, or even member involvement) and management (processing data and communicating to data room members).
DealRoom reporting includes pipeline reports on the project stage and history, data room analytics on user engagement, confidential documentation, data room performance, and reports customization according to user needs.
DealRoom provides extensive security features. The provider offers two-factor authentication, single sign-on, and unique user IDs for secure login. The data is hosted on privately owned cloud servers, regularly checked for vulnerability and malware, and protected with 256-bit encryption for data storage and connection encryption for data transit.
DealRoom allows setting up various watermarking options and customizable user permissions, which allow you to enable or disable printing, downloading, viewing, and editing rights.
Last but not least, DealRoom strictly follows industry-leading standards. These include GDPR, SOC 1 and SOC 2 Type II, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001, DoD CSM Level 5, PCI DSS Level 1, and FIPS 140-2.
DealRoom virtual data room software pros and cons
DealRoom’s mission is to simplify the M&A management and deal-making process. User reports reveal the most commonly reported pros and cons.
DealRoom virtual data room software advantages include:
- Facilitated deal-making. DealRoom allows for closing deals faster, at a lower cost, and provides sectoral analytics.
- Centralized data storage. DealRoom helps to consolidate business data into a single deal room to store sensitive documents and share files securely.
- Centralized deal platform. DealRoom features a single platform to initiate, proceed, and complete deals.
- Extensive project analytics. DealRoom provides real-time analytics on investments and insightful data for successful deal processes and project management.
- Ease of navigating the software. DealRoom’s clear UX and UI ensure simple interaction between investors and promising companies.
- Around-the-clock support. Client support is available 24/7/365 via email, phone, and live chat.
- A free 14-day trial to test the software. DealRoom features a convenient trial period, which allows users to test the software. However, only basic functionality is available during the free trial.
Issues that users face using DealRoom are:
- High price. Users mention that DealRoom has comparatively expensive pricing, especially for small businesses.
- Limited functionality. Full functions are only accessible to subscribers and are not available during the free trial period.
- Occasional bugs. Customers also report some occasional software flaws like missing plug-ins.
- Slow work of the software. Users mention that some processes often slow down, especially when importing or exporting templates.
Integrations help to enhance collaboration and deal management. DealRoom can integrate with outsourced M&A tools: Slack, Salesforce, Microsoft Team, Adaptive, Okta, and Google applications:
- Slack allows you to push room notifications to Slack channels.
- Salesforce empowers contacts’ workflow and collaboration between team members.
- Microsoft Teams sends notifications to DealRoom.
- Adaptive is a solution that provides single sign-on for all DealRoom applications.
- Okta manages access across applications and DealRoom.
DealRoom data centers
Data storage is part of data room security that every virtual deal room thoroughly cares about.
DealRoom servers are privately owned and stored remotely to control access to critical documents. They protect data by employing 256-bit encryption. DealRoom data centers also comply with SOC2, FINRA, ISO 9001 / ISO 27001 certifications.
DealRoom pricing is above average, which is reasonable for the analytics included. The provider builds its pricing model on a monthly and annual subscription basis. Long-term projects prove to be more cost-effective.
The provider offers four pricing plans:
- Pipeline Only is the simplest plan with an unlimited number of projects.
- The Single Project Plan includes an unlimited number of users and 5GB of data storage.
- The Professional Plan is the most popular. It includes an unlimited number of projects and users, pipeline management, and 20GB of data storage.
- The Enterprise Plan is customizable to fit teams with specific requirements.
You can schedule a call via the company’s website to contact the support team, request a quote for the Professional or Enterprise plan, and ask for a trial. A free demo is also available upon request.