New York, USA
North America, Europe, South America, Asia
Intralinks data room started its journey as an application service provider in 1996. They launched the first M&A data room six years later an over the past two decades have remained a leader in the FinTech industry.
Today Intralinks services rank among the foremost enterprise solutions compared to similar technologies. It offers companies a suite of security features, from two-factor authentication and flexible user controls to reliably protecting tons of sensitive data sent across large-scale deals. One of its noticeable drawbacks is the lack of customization, but this pales in comparison to its great versatility and ease of use.
What does Intralinks do best?
Intralinks data rooms have established itself as a reliable option for various businesses. The company claims 99% of Fortune 1000 companies trust their solution for their data needs.
As is known, organizations rely on certain features that would best satisfy their needs choosing an app for a particular deal. Thus, Intralinks virtual data rooms are mainly the choice for capital markets, dealmaking, and global banking.
Let’s take a look at the platform’s certain features and services.
Security at the highest level
Data rooms utilize IRM technology, which allows documents to be altered and saved even if you are offline. The system also allows permission settings for accessing every individual file to be changed as needed.
Intralinks uses ISO 27001 certificates to ensure maximum security. The VDR services give you more options to access files as other participants, further contributing to security and guaranteeing everyone has an optimal experience using the room.
G2 Satisfaction score
Versatile and easy to use
The great thing about the Intralinks data room is that it has a minimal learning curve. It’s simple but full of useful functions, such as:
- Content redaction
The option of redacting content easily is vital if you want to remove sensitive information from documents.
- Cross-platform support
You can use the Intralinks mobile app to access the system on the go. The data room supports smartphones, tablets, and other portable gadgets. In addition, the data room is announcing a new authentication option built into the app. It will allow users to easily confirm identities for accessing Intralinks products.
- M&A workflow
These features allow easier management of the merger and acquisition deal. Companies can use simple document approval and scheduled publishing to save time and minimize the risks involved.
- Ease of upload
It’s easy to upload and download documents – bulk downloads and drag and drop upload methods simplify these actions.
Intralinks virtual data room is used for over 8,000 M&A agreements annually. The developers are there every step of the process. They help you set up everything properly, which means your data room is ready for use within hours.
If anything goes wrong, you can count on 24/7 support services from the expert staff. The agents are ready to answer questions in numerous languages, which simplifies communication.
Intralinks secure platform provides different features and tools for:
- Content management. Share and manage sensitive data, drag-n-drop files, upload documents in bulk, and search text quickly.
- Collaboration. Comment in a single thread, define workflow execution for faster document approval, and receive notifications and alerts.
- User management. Manage Intralinks data room access by adding groups, assigning and exchanging roles, and revoking permissions.
- Document security. Manage sensitive documents without worrying about hacks, leaks, and data breaches due to advanced encryption standards, dynamic watermarking, and audit trails.
- Workspaces. Securely share and manage documents, track the progression of content when a new file version is created, and access old versions when needed.
- File synchronization. Upload all files and folders from the workspace to the desktop using tools for file sync.
Pros and cons
Let’s take a look at some advantages and disadvantages of the services provided by an Intralinks data room.
- Professional customer support. Dedicated customer service managers are available by email or phone 24/7 in over 15 countries in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America, the Asia Pacific region, and North America. The average phone response time is just six seconds.
- Mobile access. Clients can access documents online and download them for offline use from any mobile device.
- Flexible permission management. The Intralinks secure platform provides tools for setting permission access for 16 roles.
- Superior document security. Intralinks allows companies to securely store and share files due to four security levels: document, application, operations, and platform. This helps to prevent hacks, leaks, or data breaches.
- Solid reputation. Virtual data room Intralinks has 20 years of experience, 4 million users, and over 10,000 completed M&A deals.
- No trial period. Potential clients can book a demo to learn how the platform functions, but a free trial isn’t available.
- Hidden costs. Customers have to contact the sales team to learn about Intralinks virtual data room pricing.
- Unintuitive interface for beginners. Less tech-savvy users experience difficulties with using the data room.
The Intralinks data room solution can be seamlessly integrated with other services. Customers can consider the following integration scenarios:
- Integration with content management systems
- Integration with social networking and collaboration tools
- Integration with desktop applications
As the data room provides tools for file sharing and storing, it has to make sure there are no hacks, leaks, or data breaches. That’s why the company:
- Located its data centers in the US, UK, Germany, and Australia to ensure compliance with regional data sovereignty requirements.
- Acquired certifications SSAE 16/SOC1, ISO 27000-1, ISO 9001, and ISAE 3402 for all data centers to meet all security standards.
- Applied physical data center security technology, including video surveillance, proximity card readers, and biometric scanners to prevent any unwanted access.
Intralinks data room pricing
According to user reviews, the starting price is approximately $25 per month per user for an annual contract. This puts the data room in the high-cost solutions category.
However, as the Intralinks data room cost is calculated individually for each client, potential users are advised to contact a sales team directly. They can do so by filling out the form on Intralinks’ website.
Intralinks virtual data room solutions
The software, together with the mobile application, can significantly streamline the following operations:
Restructuring and bankruptcy
If it’s possible to restructure a viable business, this solution can help. Alternatively, it can make the process of liquidating assets more efficient.
Thanks to detailed information, the executives can make more informed and better decisions for the company. Additionally, this solution ensures the data remains protected.
Business development and licensing
This solution can assist to shorten transaction timeframes. It also reduces the charges of due diligence and helps companies to speed up future deals.
Even the most complex transactions become a piece of cake with Intralinks products. You can improve security while automating demanding processes.
The company can help with initial public offerings too. They ensure data sharing is handled in a secure environment and done efficiently.